Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Letters

I went to Staples tonight and purchased:
  • nice parchment paper
  • colored pencils
  • colored markers
  • some kind of Sharpie marker that writes nicely
  • envelopes (kids love to open letters!)
I'm writing her letters which I will then either mail to her or give to her in person. I'm numbering them in the hopes that she will keep them and we one day look back at them all and remember the good times we had together.

Letter #1 is done (I'm going to make a color photo copy at Staples tomorrow so I have a copy too) and I was going to mail it but I'm going to see her tomorrow evening so I'll just give it to her in person.

I used to write her letters every so often just for fun and she really loved them. I wish I would have kept up with it over the years but being with her all the time at home it didn't feel needed. Now that the divorce is final it occurred to me that making a habit of it would be a great idea for both of us.

I also plan to make silly letters which I will mail to her. I think she will love these letters more than the "I love you" letters and that is just fine. I already have a few ideas for some of these which I won't detail here since they are inside jokes and would be total nonsense to anyone but Emily and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment