Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pool Party

Location: Old neighborhood (old in the sense of not current), Larry and Denise's house.
Date: June 29th, 2009
Time: 1400

From the moment she woke up (around 10:00am) until 3 seconds before we left my mom's (around 1:30pm), Emily was reminding me that it was time to go.

"Dad, it's 10:30. We need to go!"

"Dad, it's 10:36. We need to go!"

You get the point.

Somewhere in there Emily and I went to Staples and we picked up some essentials for letter writing. She saw my letter-writing setup and wanted to do the same for me. I also got her a binder and some sheet protectors so she had some place to put my letters.

When we got home she changed into her swimming suit, we broke out the stuff and wrote each other a letter, and then went for a bike ride around Egypt. We weren't even in the door and she was already updating me on the time and how we "needed to leave" so we wouldn't be late for the Pool Party.

Needless to say, we arrived at the party a few minutes early and we were the first there. The pool temperature was around 78 and it was a tad breezy but that didn't deter Em. She jumped in and pretty much only left the water to eat.

At one point there were about 11 kids there and they all had a blast. It was great catching up with everyone. Amongst other things we talked a bit about the people that bought my house. We talked a bit about my current living situation and stuff that had happened over the last 6 months.

Before I knew it, the sun had disappeared. The last of the local fireworks shows had died down and it was time to head home. I had made this trip many times in the past and it was only a matter of cutting through a few yards to reach my back door. Why is my car parked out front? Oh right. "Get in the car sweetheart."

No comments:

Post a Comment